Helpful Catholic Resources
- Our parish subscribes to this website containing numerous programs, movies, audio recordings, and books on different aspects of the Catholic faith.
- To set up your own account for free, go to www.formed.org and enter our parish access code: 8d9cf (it is case sensitive).
- Daily Scripture Readings
- If you would like to follow the readings for daily Mass, you can register to have them sent to your email address. The website is provided by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Catholic Answers
- This website provides a seemingly endless number of articles; you can also write in to ask your own questions. Links to their radio programs, Facebook, Twitter, apps, etc. are also on the homepage.
- The "Eternal Word Television Network" founded by Mother Angelica is available on the web to read, watch, listen, and explore.
- Catholic Online
- A good source of news and information.
- New Advent
- This website is an online encyclopedia.
- Word on Fire
- Bishop Robert Barron links faith and culture in his fascinating videos and homilies. Attention, some of the materials for purchase on this website are available to you for free through FORMED! See above.
- Free CDs, brochures, books, and other resources.
- The Vatican
- The official Vatican website
- Catechism Online
- This is the best version of the online Catechism.
- Catholic Culture
- This is a good resource for Catholic news and editorials.
- Catholic Stuff You Should Know
- CSYSK is hosted by four priests from the Archdiocese of Denver: Fr. Nathan Goebel, Fr. John Nepil, Fr. Mike Rapp, and Fr. Michael O’Loughlin. They cover a huge variety of topics, including papal infallibility, bikinis, and the Apostolic Pardon, to name a few. They also share their experiences as parish priests with a great mix of banter, hilarious unedited commentary and solid factoids about Catholic stuff you should know.
- Wish you could spend more time reflecting on Scripture? This podcast sends you a daily Lectio Divina meditation on one of the daily readings. Each 12-minute episode is designed to help you to pray wherever you are - on a bus, in a car, at the park. Every episode includes music, the reading of the day, and a few reflection questions before offering a final prayer.
- All Things Catholic
- Join well-known theologian and author Edward Sri for weekly insights on understanding and living out the Catholic faith. Delve deeper into the Bible, prayer time, virtue, relationships, marriage and family, and culture with practical reflections on all things Catholic. Don't just go through the motions. Live as an intentional Catholic, a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Fr. Mike Schmitz
- Here, Fr. Mike shares his weekly homily.
- Word on Fire Show
- Join Bishop Barron for a weekly podcast on faith and culture.
- Pints with Aquinas
- If you could sit down with St. Thomas Aquinas over a pint of beer and ask him any one question, what would it be? Every episode of Pints With Aquinas revolves around a question, a question that St. Thomas addresses in his most famous work, the Summa Theologica. So get your geek on, pull up a bar stool, and grab a cold one!
ON the air
- St. Michael Catholic Radio
- This is our local Catholic radio station. You can visit them on the web and listen live. Get their app or tune in to 94.9 FM in Tulsa or 102.9 in Broken Arrow.
- Satellite Radio - Sirius XM
- There are numerous Catholic radio stations with apps that can be downloaded to your phone
Print and cd
- St. Bernard's Parish Library Cart and Library
- If you like to read, we have over 2,000 books ready to check out! Christine Myers will be happy to issue you a library card free of charge.
- St. Bernard's Book and CD Kiosk
- On Sundays, you will find an attractive stand in the church commons with CDs, pamphlets, and books on a variety of topics. There is a suggested donation for the various items.